Thursday, January 2, 2014

Get Well Sunflower

Hello TSD Patients!  Happy New Year!!  I am looking forward to 2014, aren't you?  I predict that this will year will be filled with great changes.

My card I have to share with you today is a fun shaped card that I created using Silhouette Portrait.  I designed it completely around the Sunflower Border stamp (G031).  I knew that I wanted to use this to create a get well card.  I love sunflowers.  Early in my marriage, my husband and I would travel from Denver to Kansas City to visit his grandparents and my aunt.  I always loved when we came upon the sunflower fields, they just made me feel very happy.  The marriage didn't last but sunflowers still make me feel very happy.


I only stamped the border once.  I fussy cut it out (I'm a glutton for punishment) after coloring it.  If I owned a better craft knife, I would've cleaned out a few more places on the image.  I cut part of the border off and applied that part to the corner keeping the rest of the border to go under the sentiment.

This is a really easy card, but if you don't own an electronic cutting machine, there are lots of dies by Spellbinders and, of course, The Stamp Doctor's exclusive Flip Flop Card and Center Step Card dies which are fantastic!

Have a super day and thank you for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for comment! Please visit often and don't forget to check out our Facebook Page and Pinterest Boards!