And now for today's card. I always aspire to look at "old" things in a "new" way. So I set off to try something fun with some Spellbinders dies in a different way.
I made this using Spellbinders dies: Scalloped Circles, Oval dies, Blossoms Tags & Accents dies. TSD stamps are from Santa Circles set. Paper is by Teresa Collins.
How to make this card:
- 1. Cut 2 scalloped circles from white card stock. Emboss these with any texture plate (M-Bossibilities have lots of choices) or use white puff paint. Ink the smaller circle with a touch of gray so that it stands out a little. Adhere to larger circle.
- 2. Cut out oval from flesh colored card stock and ink it just a little with dark pink ink for cheeks.
- 3. Punch out little white circles and little black circles and little flesh colored circle for eyes and nose. I did punch out 1/4" circle from red for his lower lip. I also used an old flower punch to make the mustache. Adhere as I did.
- 4. Now cut a 2 x 4 inch rectangle from red card stock and cut in half from bottom left point to top right point. Score the short straight edge about 1/2 - 3/4" inch and fold over. Adhere as I did.
- 5. Using one of the dies from the Blossoms Tags & Accents dies, cut white card stock for the puff ball accent on his hat. Add buttons to create cuff on hat.
- 6. Add your sentiments to the base of the card.
Have a great Friday!